Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 2019 Birthdays


It was a very ordinary Tuesday afternoon. Summer Gilmore was reading in her bed. It had been a peaceful day. She had woken up at around 7. Then she had gone to her mom's shop to help her out a little with the accounting. Later she had decided to relax for a while and read something that had absolutely nothing to do with medical science; she knew she was going to spend the rest of the evening studying for a big exam she had coming the following week.



But sometimes, things just don't work out the way you've planned.
“Hello?”


“Summer, it's me”, she could hear Cody's breathless voice. “We're at the hospital.”
“What? Is everything okay?” Summer worried.
“Yeah, more than fine”, Cody replied quickly, sounding casual. “You should come. As soon as possible, okay?”
“Okay.” Summer sighed with relief. “I'll borrow my mom's car.”


There was a lot of traffic on the way to the hospital. Summer was getting a little impatient but she tried to remain calm.


As she finally got to the hospital she hurried through the lobby straight to the room she knew Lucy and Cody were in.
“Hi”, she managed to say with bated breath.
“Hi, Summer”, Lucy said with a bright smile. She was sitting on a bed, holding hands with Cody. But they weren't the only ones in the room – there were also two little babies there.


Summer sat down on one of the chairs in the room. She couldn't take her eyes off the babies. She couldn't believe they were finally there.
“Do they look alright?” Cody suddenly asked her.
“What?”
“I mean – you're the doctor.”
Summer gave a little laugh. “Not really. Just a student.” She looked at Lucy. “They're perfect.”


Lucy looked at her little children, so small and fragile.
“This is Isabel”, she said softly, caressing gently the cheek of one of the babies. Then she touched the forehead of the other one, and continued: “And this is Isaac.”


“They're both beautiful”, Summer praised and leaned forward on her chair. “I'm so glad you're all fine.”
“Of course we are.” Cody was grinning. “I almost passed out, but Lucy hardly even screamed. She's so tough.”


“Shut up, Cody”, Lucy snapped, but still smiled. “I just wanted to see my babies.”


“It's all really incredible”, Cody mumbled, as if he was only speaking to himself. He was looking at Isabel and Isaac. “One minute, they're inside her belly, and then suddenly they're here.”
“And soon they're off to college”, Lucy laughed.
“Don't even mention college”, Cody sighed and reached out for Isabel and Isaac. “They're not ready.”


“Not everyone drinks beer 24/7 at college”, Summer notified. “I didn't.”
“But Cody did.” Lucy grinned.
“I was a nerd”, Cody tried to defend himself. “I never left my dorm room before I met you two.”
“That's true.”


Lucy was feeling a little tired so Cody and Summer decided to give her some time to rest. She fell asleep almost immediately, with Isabel and Isaac sleeping right beside her.
“They really are perfect”, Summer repeated as they left the room and entered the waiting area of the hospital. “You're so lucky, Cody.”
“I know.” Cody smirked.


“I'm so happy for you”, she continued.
“Thanks, Summer.”
“I think I'm gonna cry.”
“It's alright, Summer. Me too.”


...


~~~


• I can't believe the twins are finally here. They both have brown eyes and brown hair; I can't say that I'm disappointed but I was hoping for a blond.
• Cody and Lucy are now officially residents of Bristol's Square - I got them a pretty 2 bedroom house; with Robert's money, of course. ;)
• Summer still lives with her mom but I have already started looking for some affordable apartments for her and Jeff. They have yet to set a date for their wedding, but I don't think it's going to be anywhere in the near future.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, I liked reading this from Summer's perspective - a kind of unusual but interesting way to do a birth post. :)

    Welcome to Isaac and Isabel - great names!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great birthday post! I loved all the shots, especially the ones with the whole family on the bed! How adorable are those twins?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the twins! I love all of your posing of that little family, and Summer's room is too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting way to do a birthday post! I must say, I didn't expect it though.

    Welcome Isabel and Isaac (adorable names by the way.) I can't wait to see them grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thank you all for your comments! :) I'm so happy you liked this update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay the twins have arrived! Love the names, Isabel is such a sweet name, I've always liked it, looking forward to seeing them age up and who they resemble. It's funny they both got brown hair, you'd have thought at least one would be blond.

    ReplyDelete