Saturday, July 2, 2011

December 2018 - Anderson

Matt is 45, Betty is 41, Seth is 14 and Sam is 5.


Narrated by Betty Anderson



I'm 4 months pregnant now and I have to say, this time has been the easiest of all my pregnancies. Still, I turned 41 this August and my doctor has been warning me about all the complications pregnant women over the age of 35 often encounter.


My husband Matt is clearly worried about me. We both really want this baby, but in Matt's opinion, we should have done this a lot earlier. He doesn't let me do any of the household chores anymore, and basically just takes care of everything by himself.


Our oldest son Seth has been showing a lot of interest in cooking lately. So far, he's only been preparing lots of hamburgers but he's getting better at it.


I guess it was the TV that initially inspired Seth to try out all these new recipes. But still, apparently none of those cooking shows haven't taught him how to clean up, since he always leaves a huge mess in the kitchen.


Since Sam started Elementary school, he's been bringing lots of friends over. There aren't too many families living here in Bristol's Square with us, so there's no room for Sam to be choosy. One of his best friends is actually a girl.


This girl seems like a tomboy, though. She always comes up with the idea of playing cops and robbers.


At times I feel like Seth and Sam aren't the only kids in the house. My husband keeps wanting to buy all these radio-controlled cars. It seems to me that he loves them more than our boys do.


Although the boys get along relatively well with each other, there's no escaping from the occasional arguments. Sam keeps telling us how Seth constantly gives him noogies, and he just doesn't like that.


I don't know if I should start worrying about Seth. He spends more and more time in the bathroom and just seems a bit too focused on his looks.


Matt and I just don't know what to say to him. He's also clearly interested in girls, since he talks about them 24/7.


I'm sure Seth would just love to start dating already, but for the time being, he's just going to have to settle for the company of his dog, Luke.


The poor dog is getting old, though.


Luke has been a part of our family for a long time. We got him as a present for Seth for his 7th birthday. He's a big dog, an it's a known fact that bigger dogs tend to die younger. We can only hope Luke has still got many more years left.


As old as he might be, Luke still hasn't learned to hold his urine. It's not nice to wake up and see a pond of pee on the living room floor.


We've all been trying to make the effort of spending more time with Luke outdoors, but lately our lives have just been pretty hectic. Both Matt and I are working, and the boys have been told to do their homework right after they come home from school, so nobody really has the time to take the dog out.


Whenever Matt has a day off, he tries to spend some time with the dog.


I'm still pretty sure he can't keep himself away from the computer and all Seth's games.


I don't think Seth would mind his dad messing up his game saves, though, since nowadays he spends more time in the kitchen than at the computer.


The other day, Seth asked us if he could bring his dad's old punching bag to his room. “I want to start taking care of myself”, he explained. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea since I put a lot of effort into decorating that room and the punching bag just doesn't go together with all the shades of light blue and green that I used, but then again, it's his room.


Sam is a lot less rebellious than his older brother, but I guess it's just the age.


Neither of our boys is doing extremely well at school, which I find a little disappointing, considering the fact that I am a teacher. I try to help them out with their homework as often as I can, and I can definitely see that little Sam is highly motivated. He always does his homework right after school. I'm hoping to see some results in the near future.


Now that Seth and Sam are a little older, Matt and I have started going out on dates again. We're not doing it on a weekly basis, maybe just once a month, but it's definitely something the both of us really needed.


Matt still hasn't gotten tired of giving me compliments. He's always thought I look my best while pregnant.


It's really nice to get out of the house with him every once in a while and have some actual conversations. We won't be getting much of that once the baby's born.


Our favorite restaurant is definitely Giovanni's. We love the food, and the view is gorgeous.


This year has been unusually warm. Normally, in December, there would already be some snow on the ground. I'm not complaining, since it was nice to have dinner while sitting outside.


Even though it's great to be able to spend some time alone with Matt, neither of us can wait any longer until this baby is born. I'm due in May, so there's still 5 months to go.


I really hope I can count on Seth's help and that he takes taking care of his little brother seriously. I wouldn't like the idea of him having any friends over while he's alone with Sam.


I think my son is just not ready to date yet. He's only 14, and should definitely focus on his studies.


~~~
• During this play session, Seth was all about dating and kissing and woohooing in bed. He's a Romance sim, so I guess that's normal, but I think it's also totally normal for almost any 14-year-old boy...
• Betty and Matt both rolled the want for a date so I let them go out. Other than that, their wants have been pretty much about having a baby and Seth getting an A+ Report Card, which is so not going to happen.
• So while his parents were out, Seth had this blonde girl over and the rest is history. She rolled the want for woohoo, but Seth didn't, so they just kissed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I found your blog through the link you left on mine and got all caught up yesterday. I really love it - wonderful pictures and the beginnings of some great stories, with these interesting characters you have.

    I will definitely be following you in the future!

    ReplyDelete