Friday, July 1, 2011

November 2018 - Sims - Brown

Cody Sims and Lucy Brown are 24.


Narrated by Lucy Brown


My boyfriend Cody and I just recently decided to get engaged. He never actually proposed to me; the both of us just knew this was something we were supposed to do.


We've been living together for four months now, and it's been really nice.


It's so funny how things change once you move in together with someone. At times it can mean the end of romance. This morning, as I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, Cody just walked in and used the toilet – right in front of my eyes! I guess I really must be in love with this guy, since I didn't even mind.


I'm still perfectly capable of kicking his ass if I ever wanted to. Cody has such a soft spot for me. He still loves to call me his angel, although in my opinion I'm probably as far away from being an angel as anyone can be.


As sweet as he might be, Cody still doesn't let me win him at any video games. I don't think it's fair, though, seeing the fact that the guy plays all these games for a living.


The building we're living in is pretty awesome. It's situated right in the heart of Bristol Bay so we're just a few steps away from all the amenities. In addition to that, one of my best guy friends Andrew lives on the same floor with us with his roommate, James.


Our bedroom has this small balcony with a nice view over Cody's dad's grocery store. Cody even used to work there as a teenager.


I graduated from college with a degree in History, but I haven't been able to find a job in any of the corresponding career fields. So as a friend of a friend suggested me I should try modeling, I wasn't as negative about it as I might have been a few months ago. I've never considered myself as the kind of girl to be even able to do modeling, but the photographers keep telling me that I have the face and that I have the body. I'm currently only posing for some magazine ads, but my agency says I definitely have potential.


I've never really had the energy to take any special care of my body – my figure has always been naturally slim. But as some of my agents told me it would probably be easier for me to land jobs if I started thinking more about my lifestyle, I decided I should try yoga. I haven't had the time to join any classes so I've been just training at home with the help of some magazines I bought on my way from work.


I also decided it was time for me to start paying some extra attention on my diet. I've been preparing a lot of healthy foods at home, which is something Cody isn't too excited about. But he'll just have to learn to live with that if he still wants to have a model as a fiancée.


He does like the fact that I usually get to keep all the underwear I wear at the photo shoots.


Cody and I both are heavy sleepers and would like to spend all day in bed. We usually stay under the blankets for as long as we can and just enjoy each other's company.


But eventually, it's time for us to officially wake up. I never leave the apartment before 11am but at times, Cody needs to be at work at 9.


During the weekends, Cody and I just love to spend some time with our friends. On Saturday, I invited Andrew and his girlfriend Claudia – who also happens to be Cody's ex – and Cody invited our friend Summer and her boyfriend Jeff to join us at the Garden Park for a picnic.


To me, Claudia seems really sweet. I can definitely understand why Cody used to go out with her during high school, but she and Andrew match together a lot better.


And then there's Summer, who's just adorable. She keeps telling me how I was her first female friend ever. We used to share a room in college and got really close. I'm forever thankful to her for inviting Cody to one of the parties I hosted in our dorm. Without Summer, Cody and I might have never even met.


As usual, after a while we took a break from hanging out as a group and just started cuddling with our partners. Cody and I have been together for less time than the others so in my opinion we deserve to act all lovey-dovey.


Later on, Summer wanted to congratulate me personally for my engagement. She also told me it was like a dream come true for her to see her two best friends getting married to each other.


I don't know if Summer and Jeff have already been talking about marriage, but I can definitely see the two of them doing that in the near future. I can already imagine Summer walking down the isle in a beautiful, white dress. But I guess I'm still going to have to wait for that to happen.


After all the others had already gone, Cody and I decided to stay at the park for a little while longer. As we stood there, in front of the fountain, I had an idea.
“We should get married in this park”, I said out loud.


Cody loved the idea. It was such a beautiful place – you could even see the lighthouse rising up above the roofs of Bristol Bay.


The next day, I invited Summer over to start planning the wedding. Cody and I wanted to get married in summer, so the ceremony will take place on July 2019. I also wanted to ask Summer if she wanted to be my bridesmaid alongside Cody's 17-year-old sister, Mikayla.


As I hugged Summer and thanked her for all the help, I could just feel Cody's eyes on my back. He doesn't really understand all the hustle and bustle that needs to go on before a wedding can actually happen.


I still know we both really want this. Neither of us could even bare the idea of getting married to each other without throwing a little party. I just want the whole world to know how much I love Cody.


I've been feeling a little sick lately which is something new to me. I can't even remember the last time I was ill.


Then I started thinking – I couldn't also remember the last time I had had my period.


I didn't know what to think. I needed to lie down for a little while, just to be able to clear my thoughts.


That night, as I got back home from work, I knew it was time for me to speak with Cody.


I decided to cut to the chase and just blurt it out.
“I'm pregnant.”


I wasn't capable of reading the expression on Cody's face. It seemed like he didn't even breathe.
“Are you sure?” he finally asked.


“I just took the test”, I told him. “Feel free to dump me if you'd like.”


It didn't take Cody long to wrap his arms around my waist and start smiling.
“Dump you? Are you crazy?” he laughed and kissed my cheek.


I couldn't have felt more relieved.
“We're having a baby”, I whispered, and we both smiled.


~~~

• Both Lucy and Cody have been rolling multiple engagement and marriage wants for a long time now, which I find interesting considering the fact that Cody is pleasure/knowledge and Lucy is popularity/pleasure. I guess they must really love each other!
• Lucy's pregnancy is the result of some risky woohoo. Cody uses birth control thanks to his neatness, but this stuff happens...
• Lucy's due date is in August, a month after their wedding.
• I just love the idea of having Summer and Mikayla as Lucy's bridesmaids. They're both so cute!

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get caught up here, but I love how close everyone is, despite shared histories :)

    ReplyDelete